Monday, March 28, 2016

The Day After Easter

Holidays often start early in the Wilkins family. By early, I mean Easter Sunday mass is at 8 am type of early. Of course, our church's mass was something like 45 minutes, and by 9 am I was at my grandmother's, making a plate of the food we just had blessed. The net effect of both the food and the time is still dragging on me this Monday morning.

I really would have liked/needed to sleep in either yesterday or today, but neither was an option. So of course, today I'm dragging like I worked all weekend, and I didn't. This is life, I guess, but it's a part I'd like to see changed. Getting up at 6:30 for church on a holiday just kind of breaks up the day all wrong.

Then, there is the food. It's too damn good. Meats, cheeses, pickles, eggs, you name it. There's a lot of food in the basket they blessed. The hot kielbasa is just too good to pass on, and I end up eating a breakfast/brunch that is far too large. Then of course, our older relatives all need the day over early, so we ate dinner around 1:30 yesterday. As you can imagine, that leaves you hungry the next day. Very hungry.

Holidays are fun, seeing family is a blessing. The food is good, and I'm glad I went to church. The next day is less fun. It's not something that "feels" good. In fact, I just kind of want to be back in bed right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment