Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Am I the Only OFA and Menendez Campaign Alum in the Country?

I was reading a piece about how Senator Bob Menendez is going on, business-as-usual, while awaiting trial on public corruptions that seems to be dragging on for a while now. It talks about how Senator Menendez has gone on with his business, continuing to be a foreign policy critic of the White House, and a strong advocate for immigration reform. It's an odd combo, but it's definitely the Senator, who actually really does represent New Jersey perfectly, on the political spectrum.

As I read it though, something hit me- In the feud between this White House and this Senator, I might be the only person out there that worked for both's political operations. That's a kind of cool distinction to have. It's also a kind of difficult one. I agree with the White House, and not the Senator, on the Iran Deal and it's value. I agree with the Senator, and not this President's DOJ, that the case waged against Senator Menendez is more or less weak. Are the two things related? Beats the hell out of me. I'd like to hope they aren't, but I wasn't born yesterday. The entire legal issue has been strange to grapple with, but with every passing day that goes by, I tend to believe the case against Senator Menendez is weak. If it wasn't, why not get on with it already?

No comments:

Post a Comment