Wednesday, March 9, 2016

My Ten Favorite MLB Baseball Stadiums

My ten favorite MLB Ballparks:


  1. Citizens Bank Park- This is total homer-ism, sure. It's a great ballpark though. It's nice, clean, relatively new, and the smell of barbecue coming from right field on a Summer night is immaculate. You can watch the game from almost any vantage point in the stadium, and you can get a cheesesteak in centerfield. When it's packed, it's an atmosphere that is unmatched.
  2. PNC Park- Simply put, the view of Pittsburgh from the ballpark does that city justice. I'm glad to see the team good, and the stadium packed finally, as this is one of the nicest places to see a game in all of sports. Want a Primanti Brothers sandwich? You can get one, and watch the ballgame while you eat it. Buctober is really something else.
  3. Wrigley Field- The renovations actually dropped this place from my favorite park, but it remains a goal of mine to see a game with the ivy wall still up. Wrigley is baseball history, especially when Cole Hamels no-hits the Cubbies in their park.
  4. Camden Yards- I went to Camden Yards in year one, and haven't been back since. The warehouse is one of the iconic images in sports. Camden Yards started the trend towards grass-infields and baseball only parks again. We're all grateful.
  5. Petco Park- As if San Diego wasn't paradise to begin with, they put a beautiful ballpark in there. I love how left-field is built into a Warehouse. I also love the openness that ballpark has. It's another place I need to see.
  6. Citi Field- You know I hate the Mets, right? Seriously though, this is a really nice ballpark. Shake Shack is awesome. I like the Shea Bridge. The field is nice. Utley's corner is awesome. While I can't stand the ones in Philadelphia most of the time, the Mets fans are actually a good fanbase to share a game with, on the whole. 
  7. Dodgers Stadium- Chavez Ravine is just a cool name for a park. I mean, it's Hollywood, it's paradise, and it's the Dodgers. I'd love to go see a game out there. Preferably either from behind the plate or the outfield bleachers. I kind of just want to see some actors prowling around.
  8. AT&T Park- No, I don't really like this group of Giants. I do love what that franchise has going out there. McCovey Cove is one of the coolest gimmicks in baseball. I bet the breeze off the water is real nice in the Summer. I love ballparks near the ocean, of which, this is one of the few. The stadium is full every night, the field is nice, and the team is currently good.
  9. Yankee Stadium- Yes, it costs too much, but if you can get past that, Yankee Stadium is awesome. Yankee Avenue is a fun place to hang out, if you don't want to hang out in the Mohegan Sun or the Hard Rock Cafe. Monument Park isn't what it was, but it's still a historical treat to see. The bleachers are really cool too.
  10. Fenway Park- I do want to go to Fenway, though I hear it's a dump. I guess you have to see a game on the Monster at some point though, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment