Monday, February 29, 2016

You Can't Beat It- Baseball is Back

I spent my Sunday doing something I hope to do for months to come- watching baseball. The Phillies played their exhibition opener against Tampa University, and this time they beat the #1 ranked Division II team (last year they lost). They scored eight runs, put up eight scoreless innings pitching, and generally caught the ball. It was a good day.

Forget the player stats though- this is actual baseball being played. On a beautiful Sunday up here, I sat and watched the Phillies play baseball. I can't think of anything better to do. Sure, I like the other sports, and I get that talk radio only wants to discuss a 7-9 football team, but Philadelphia in recent years has been a baseball town. The Phillies are my team. I can't wait for hot Summer nights at the ballpark. Yesterday only reminded me that it's not too far away now.

No comments:

Post a Comment