Monday, February 1, 2016

Good Morning

It's already the second month of 2016. That doesn't quite seem right. The weather feels like it's month four though, as yesterday was a really beautiful day. Let's hope it stays that way all month.

Today is February 1st, 2016, a significant day to me for two reasons. One, today is the tenth anniversary of my grandfather, Richard Wilkins Sr.'s death. Two, I thought I'd be in Iowa today for the caucus until a few months ago. I know that all sounds kind of sad, but I'm not really feeling sad this morning. I'm actually feeling pretty good though. As the years go by, while I do miss my grandfather, I remember him so fondly that I only seem to remember the great times. As for my work, while I do miss the thrill of the Iowa Caucus, things just didn't work out this time. I've got my own consulting business now though, and a half dozen candidates currently to work on, keeping me plenty busy. I'm certainly not starving.

Opportunity wasted is opportunity lost. Time with people that you waste is life lost. Today's going to be a beautiful day. Go out and enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment