Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Bernie's Impressive Numbers and His Path Forward

I'm not shocked that he had more, just shocked that he had so many. Bernie Sanders filed with over 16,000 signatures at last I heard (someone said it is over 17,500, but I can't verify that) to be on Pennsylvania's ballot. It was the most of the candidates for President, and it was impressive.

A few days back, I wrote about how his New Hampshire win was Bernie's last, best chance to challenge Clinton in this race. I believe that to be true still. Of course, he may be making good on it. He's picking up steam in Nevada and even in South Carolina right now. Hillary's lead in the Palmetto State has shrunk down to just 20%, and if Sanders can win Nevada, it might shrink more. In short, I don't think things are settling in. I don't back Bernie. I don't necessarily think he's going to win- but he might.

Bernie's numbers are generally impressive, and not just his signatures in Pennsylvania. He has a lot of small donors. He does well on Facebook. He has a lot of volunteers. I'm not saying it adds up to victory. Howard Dean didn't win. I'm saying it's time that people that don't support him stop believing it can't happen. It can happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment