Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 in Review

My version of 2015 in review....

  • Most Significant Person of the Year- Donald Trump. Not because I like him, agree with him, or think he'll be President, but because he completely has turned politics on it's head. He has made bigotry "okay" politically. He has turned conservatism on it's head, and exposed it's ugly core. Donald Trump is an awful man. He is the most significant man of 2015 though.
  • Athlete of the Year- Tom Brady edges out Serena Williams here. By winning that fourth Super Bowl, Tom now stands out in history. He spent much of the rest of 2015 fighting off a meddling commissioner over deflated footballs. He ends 2015 as the quarterback of the best team in the AFC, again. Could he repeat?
  • Best Person of the Year- Pope Francis continues to be my favorite person on the planet. His message, his breed of Catholicism, is what I always saw the religion as. His visit to Philadelphia was one of my highlights of the year.
  • Upstart of the Year- Bernie Sanders. Bernie continues to surprise everyone, Hillary Clinton included, with his campaign. Just this morning he had 500 people at a small Iowa gymnasium. I don't believe he will win the Democratic nomination or the Presidency, but I do think he will now continue to play a major role in American politics.
  • Sports Team of the Year- The U.S. Women's National Soccer Team. They not only won the World Cup, they crushed everyone along the way too. They are quite the interesting bunch.
Some personal highlights:
  • I got elected as a Township Auditor. It's my first government job, believe it or not.
  • Seeing Pope Francis in Philadelphia.
  • Working a Philadelphia Mayoral. I wish we had won, but it was still an experience.
  • I went to 40 pro baseball games. That was a rush.
  • I started a company. That's very different.
It was a great year. Can't wait for 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment