Wednesday, December 2, 2015

A December to Remember, 12/2- Things I'm Thankful For

Every day in December I'm going to blog about one thing that i'm thankful for and want to highlight. Today for December 2nd, I'm thankful for my family's Christmas traditions together.

Every year, we help my grandmother bring up her tree from the basement. She makes "Tall House Cookies." We have "Velija" dinner every Christmas Eve, something passed down from my Polish ancestors ("Wigilia" in the Polish tradition) and the Slovaks ("Velija"). In recent years, we do Christmas Eve at my parents' home, and Christmas Day at my grandparents' home. On Christmas day, we end up playing an assortment of games, most prominently "Now You Have It, Now You Don't," with a bunch of basically worthless gifts.

All the traditions are great, but it's mostly just great that at 32, I have my elder relatives. I'm lucky for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment