Tuesday, December 1, 2015

A December to Remember, 12/1- Things I'm Thankful For

Every day in December I'm going to blog about one thing that i'm thankful for and want to highlight. Today for December 1st, I'm thankful for my geography- I live in one of the best spots in the world.

If I want to drive to Philadelphia or New York, I can do it in under 90 minutes (without big traffic jams). If I want to go see a ball game, a concert, visit friends, or just take in the amazingness that two of the biggest cities in the country have to offer, I can. I go to Phillies games, Foo Fighters concerts at the Mets' Citi Field, fireworks, New Year's Celebrations, Independence Mall, and the Empire State Building, whenever I please to. People around the world save up and plan their entire lives to see these places. It's a big deal to them. People see the New York City skyline, or the Liberty Bell, or the Statue of Liberty, and their eyes light up. For most of my life, I took that for granted. I should never take that for granted. I'm lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment