Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Why Can't I Cheer for the Pittsburgh Penguins?

I've said this before- I love the city of Pittsburgh. It's a beautiful town, and most of the people you'll meet are nice. It's clean. The stadium are nice. The food is good. I like Pittsburgh a lot.

I do not like the Pittsburgh Penguins though, and it's not just because they are a rival of the Flyers. In fact, that didn't stop me from enjoying Jaromir Jagr or Mario Lemieux on their squad at one time, or enjoying Evgeni Malkin. The Penguins have been a first tier franchise for much of my life, and my hate for them is only a last ten years thing. How can that be?

Sidney Crosby.

I hate the best diver in hockey. I dislike everything about him, for whatever reason. I hated him even worse after his Olympic winning goal in overtime against the U.S. a few years ago. I hated when he knocked us out of the playoffs a few times. I hated him even worse when we knocked him out of the playoffs. He's joined the Jose Reyes club of athletes I just can't come around on. No matter how fun watching them is, I can't be a fan. Sidney is the worst in hockey for me. I'll never be able to cheer for him.

So, I guess, go Sharks? I doubt it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment