Sunday, May 29, 2016

Happy Summer

This weekend, if you didn't notice, was the start of the Summer. It was too hot. There were too many cookouts. There was a lot of grilled food. We have now passed the "pleasant Spring" season.

Summer is not my favorite season. It's arguably my least favorite season, but it still has some serious highlights. This Summer we'll be focused in on:

  • Baseball. Lots of baseball. 38 more games, hopefully.
  • The Olympics. Rio 2016 is coming. Can Usain Bolt three-peat? Can Jordan Burroughs repeat? That's the story.
  • The Presidential race and the conventions. Will sanity prevail and make Hillary Clinton President?
  • The beach. I love the beach. I really love the beach. Gateway National Park season is coming. I might even lose my sanity and do some of the more touristy beaches.
  • Cookouts- I love me some food. I always love me some food.
  • Fireworks- I hope to show some live shows on here.
  • Workouts- Yes, tomorrow starts "boot camp" season.
  • Concerts and festivals. I love live music, especially outdoors.
  • Philadelphia's high draft picks- the Phillies and Sixers will pick #1 overall, while #2 overall Eagles pick Carson Wentz will do his first training camp.
All of this, and the personal journey forward.

While celebrating tonight and tomorrow, don't forget the real meaning behind Memorial Day, and the people who made it possible. I want to give a shout out to all of my friends who served this nation admirably and continue to sacrifice here on the home side. We all love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment