Thursday, May 19, 2016

I Support the Democratic Party, Not the Trolls

If you're a Democrat, you should be mad. I know I'm mad, even if I've refrained from using that word up to this point. I'm mad because of the inaccuracies. I'm mad because of the personal attacks. I'm mad because of the lies. I'm mad when I hear Hillary Clinton called a "Democratic whore," "corrupt," a "criminal," or any of the other personal attacks hurled at her. I'm mad because of the attacks hurled at the DNC Chairwoman, Debbie Wasserman Schultz. I'm tired of hearing how our party is "stacking the deck," and the wild-eyed, crazy conspiracy theories about how the election is being stolen for Hillary Clinton. I'm also mad to hear how Planned Parenthood and other feminist groups are now some part of an "evil" establishment. In fact, i'm angry to even hear the depiction of the establishment from these people.

No, I'm not talking about the Trump supporters.

I've been active in Democratic politics since 2002. I've helped candidates of all different political stripes and types within our party. I know many of these electeds. I know many of these party leaders. I myself ran for the state Democratic committee and won a leadership post. I voted on our delegate selection plan in this state, and can tell you that zero thought went into "screwing" either Presidential candidate. I take this attack on our party personally.

The Democratic Party is not many of the things that the "Bernie or Bust" crowd has made it out to be. It's not a bunch of "whores." It's not a bunch of criminals. It's not corrupt. It's the party that created Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, and more recently, the Affordable Care Act. It's the party that passed and defends the Violence Against Women Act, and fights to keep firearms out of the hands of criminals. It's the party of the Lilly Ledbetter Act. It's the party defending clean, air, water, soil, and food. The Democratic Party is why we have a minimum wage at all today. It's the party that defends most of the basic rights that our populace enjoys in this country.

I'm sorry that the "Bernie or Busters" on the internet don't think the Democratic Party and it's leadership are acceptable to them. Perhaps if we'd only listen to them and elect the only person acceptable to them, Congress would suddenly change their mind on immigration reform, raising the minimum wage, approving liberal judges, and universal background checks on gun purchases. If only. In the meanwhile, they're going to let us know repeatedly that they will NEVER support our candidate for President, but oh, by the way, we should give them their platform and change future primary rules to suit their desires. You know though, let those "Democratic Whores" know that even though they are the majority, they suck.

Yeah, i'm done with this rant. I'm not "Never Bernie," but i'm sure as hell "Never Bernie or Bust" crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment