Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Stop Pennsylvania SB 1195

Pennsylvania's legislature is dominated by people that are owned by polluters. If you needed any more proof of this, the Senate will be voting on an effort to strip down environmental regulations in our commonwealth known as SB 1195. You can fight back against this awful bill though, and here's how:
Hey!
My name is Kaila Cantens and I am a passionate Pennsylvania resident and voter. The long hours I’ve spent with the tough and honest working class people of this state as well as those spent in the beautiful natural environment, are why I love this state, and why I am driven to do everything I can to fight for it.
Pennsylvania’s senate is voting on bill1195 in the week of May 9th that would harm the environment and worsen climate change. It would prevent the state from writing a clean power plan, which would enable the state to curb carbon emissions and develop more green energy jobs. If the Senate passes this bill, the state cannot move forward with its plan to fight pollution, cut emissions, and improve air quality. That’s why groups around the state are reaching out to their state senators. We're asking them to vote against this destructive bill.
On behalf of the National Resources Defense Council, I am asking you to please submit a video to your senator expressing your opposition to this bill that will inhibit Pennsylvania from becoming a better place for everyone. You can follow this link to submit a 30 second video: bit.ly/nrdckaila . It is easy to navigate and cell phone friendly!
Please contact me if you need any more any information on the bill or advice on how to do your 30 second video. You can reach me by cell phone or email provided below.
Thank you for all of your support and please share this with all of your Pennsylvania colleagues, friends, and, family.
Kaila Cantens
(570)730-3534
cante22k@mtholyoke.edu
I will be doing a video this week. I hope you all will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment