Friday, January 29, 2016

My Current Democratic Primary Endorsements

On April 26th, Pennsylvania will vote in the 2016 Primary. I will be amongst the many voters casting ballots for President, delegates to the convention, U.S. Senate, Attorney General, Treasurer, and Auditor General of the commonwealth, and state legislative seats. Right now, here are some of the candidates I support:

President
I support Hillary Clinton. I've talked about why at length. You have to vote separately for delegates, so for now I'll reserve comment on that.

U.S. Senate
I'm leaning towards supporting Katie McGinty at the moment, but I do like things about Joe Sestak and John Fetterman. McGinty is the governor's endorsed candidate, worked in the Clinton Administration in Washington and Governor Rendell and Wolf's here, and has a solid team.

Attorney General
I'm backing Northampton County's District Attorney, John Morganelli. He's tough but fair, has the most experience of the field, and has represented our area well. None of his opponents match his qualifications, and none of them have his ability to appeal to centrist Democrats and Republicans that can be key as voters drop off down the ballot.

Treasurer
My understanding is that this race is now just between Joe Torsella and Albert Baker Knoll. I like both a lot, so far. I'm going to let this one play out a little longer before leaning in either direction.

Auditor General
Eugene DePasquale is the incumbent, he's doing a great job, and he should be re-elected.

PA-17
I will be voting for Congressman Matt Cartwright against Wilkes-Barre conservative Brian Kelly.


No comments:

Post a Comment