Monday, January 25, 2016

One of the Best Ads I've Seen, Ever


Since we're in full-out campaign mode at this point, and I'm a Hillary supporter, I guess I shouldn't be saying this, but the Bernie "America" ad is amazing. Some have knit-picked at how "white" it is, but it's a well done ad that sends forth the right message- his campaign is about the people who have driven it. I love the song choice, and the ad is pretty inspirational. I like it's "down home" feel too.

Bernie has run a really good campaign. He has some first rate operatives working for him, and they have done a marvelous job. I never thought Bernie Sanders would be the candidate pushing Hillary at this point, but they did a great job creating a narrative and selling the candidate's message to the Democratic electorate. They deserve a tip of the hat.

This ad brings back memories of 2008 for me. I remember driving Paul Simon in Iowa when he came to campaign for Senator Chris Dodd in 2008. He was pretty nice, and I thought it was the coolest event I ever got to work. I'm glad to see Simon & Garfunkel are still solid progressives.

No comments:

Post a Comment