Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Mizzou is Sad

I hate every time it is proven to us that our country still has a race problem. It's sad to think that we still have such strong racism and prejudice within our country. I think we'd all like to think different of our nation. Unfortunately, if you follow what's going on at Missouri, you can't. Sure, slavery and Jim Crow are long gone, but there is still a systemic and informal racism in this nation that causes people to go to Mizzou's campus to threaten activists and African-American students for speaking out on issues facing them. Most Americans could use a moment to reflect on our race relations. I only hope something good comes out of this. I have my doubts though. For some, this reinforces their twisted view of race in America. I'm not even sure what to say to those people at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment