Wednesday, November 11, 2015

100th Post

A couple of random notes for my 100th post-

  1. The Evander Holyfield 30-for-30 on ESPN, "Chasing Tyson," is really awesome. If you haven't seen it, watch it next time. I watched it last night, and I'm glad I did.
  2. I watched about five minutes of the Republican Debate, and I wish I hadn't watched it. While child-like Marco Rubio calls them the "party of the future," he and his opponents stood up there pushing for more wars in the Middle East, tax cuts for the rich, a return to the gold standard and more market de-regulation, all the same ideas they've been pushing for 50 years. It's all window-dressing.
  3. Jeb Bush really should just drop out, even if it goes against his better instincts. The "Daily Show" part parodying "Blackfish" with "BushFish" was just brutal. He's becoming a punchline.
  4. I'm also glad I didn't watch the Flyers last night. They are a punchline right now too. What a bad squad.
  5. Avoid the knee-jerk reaction to MLB trade rumors this week. Yes, Ken Giles draws a lot of interest on the trade market. Yes, the Phillies should at least field the calls. No, that doesn't mean he's gone. That means they are being a responsible team. That's what you want.
  6. Maybe the Sixers experiment really is that bad. This team looks worse than last year so far. Sure, they have some key injuries, but is it supposed to be like this?
  7. "Morning Joe" is really obnoxious punditry. They literally just spout off DC group-think opinion about events in the world. DC group-think is so far from the reality that most of us live in that it has no baring on actual reality. They, like so many other pundits, actually treat that pile of garbage the Republican Party put on last night as though it's a serious event. Nothing of value came of that, or of this punditry.
  8. My three dogs really love sitting with me on the couch. I don't like sitting in for the night, but the pure joy sitting in with them seems to give them makes me do it sometimes. Last night was sometimes. 
  9. Sometimes I miss my time living in Washington though. Yes, I hated Washington. Yes, I found that city particularly to rub me the wrong way. With that said, it does have it's charm. It's never really quiet, and you are at the center of so many things there. I don't think I'll ever go back, but I can't say never anymore. I could do one more stint working there for a short period of time, maybe a couple years.
  10. I've had some really good weeks before, but my sister is having one of the best I've seen. She was slated to be the President of Delta Zeta at Temple on Sunday night, and would begin that job in January. Then yesterday she turned 21. That's a lot in a three day period. Congratulations to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment