Friday, June 10, 2016

History- Or Herstory- Has Been Made

As someone who worked on the 2008 campaign, there's a real satisfaction in watching Hillary Clinton win the Democratic nomination this time. I thought then she would be a great President, and I am more convinced now. I can't wait to elect her President.

One thing I had not thought much about before Tuesday night was the moment she won's historical value. This is the first woman nominee of a major political party (and NO, I don't count Jill Stein). This woman has done something we never have had happen before. It was actually fitting that she was alone on stage giving her victory speech, because frankly, she stands alone. She is special. She is historic.

I supported Hillary Clinton throughout this primary process, and I will support her this Fall. The future of the nation, and maybe even mankind, depends on defeating the know-nothing, racist, fraud that the Republican Party has nominated. Donald Trump has no place in a civilized society, certainly not as a President. Hillary Clinton on the other hand brings a wealth of experience, concrete plans, and compassion towards every day Americans. The choice of who to vote for this Fall is absolutely clear.

We must make history one more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment