Saturday, October 31, 2015

When Stars You Like Support Candidates You Like

I've always liked Christina Aguilera. At first, it was just a teenage boy thing. Then it was a, "damn she can sing" thing. Then it was, she can sing, and she's from Pittsburgh, so she's a PA girl. Now I can add, she has good politics too. Aguilera will host a house-party for Hillary Clinton in Hollywood, apparently. Our conservative friends like to put-down stars for political endorsements, which is pretty sad. Should famous people not have opinions on major political issues? Some of the same conservatives who think that Ted Nugent is great get mad when Bruce Springsteen gets political. It's sort of pathetic.

I'm glad to say that most of the stars I like most are good Democrats. That is by no means a qualification for me listening to music or liking a movie though. I know Steven Tyler is a Republican, for instance, and still love Aerosmith. I'm just much more comfortable knowing that when I go see Jay Z, Dave Grohl, Bruce Springsteen, or the Red Hot Chili Peppers, my money is not going to end up being donated to Marco Rubio.

No comments:

Post a Comment