Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Just Take the Job

I get that Paul Ryan wants to be President someday. The odds aren't good for that. They aren't good for anyone to get there, but he's already lost for Vice-President. If it's what he wants, he should try for it, but he has to know the odds aren't great.

People spend their whole career trying to be Speaker of the House. Paul Ryan has it handed to him right now. He can simply say he wants the job, and he'll have the job. He's trying to dance around it though, and make it a negotiation. He should stop that. The Speaker's job is probably the second most powerful job in Washington, and it's a job that puts you in history.

If I were Paul Ryan, I'd take the damn job. I'm obviously not a fan, but I can't imagine turning down the position.

No comments:

Post a Comment