Thursday, October 29, 2015

What We Learned, Week Eight of Football

What we learned last week-

  • The Eagles are who they are. They are not a contender to defeat teams like Carolina, Green Bay, or Atlanta. Cam Newton threw three interceptions, the defense played relatively well, and yet they could not win. At some point you accept reality.
  • Football is alive in New York. Both teams have winning records, and the Giants are back in first. The Jets look like the better team, but the Patriots are in the way.
  • I went 8-6 on the week, and I'm 63-43 in NFL games this year. I'm struggling.
  • Temple gets to go into the Notre Dame game undefeated and the center of attention. Good for them. It's a long time coming.
  • Penn State is bowl bound. Given that they aren't a national title or Big Ten title contender, the season is a success now, I guess.
  • Pitt is 6-1. They are quietly a really good team. Their one loss was to Iowa, who is really, really good.
  • I went 6-1 on college games this week, and I'm 43-11 on the year.
  • I've been really good at picking high school games, but I got Easton wrong. They absolutely had to beat Liberty to have a shot at the playoffs. They did it easily. I thought they'd get crushed. Now they'll face Freedom, who just lost their first game. Should be interesting.
  • It's safe to call Parkland the best team in the area.
  • Phillipsburg still has one loss. This season is somewhat like last season, so far for them.
  • I went 13-5 this week on high school games, my worst week yet. I'm 108-28 on the season though.
  • My week record was 27-12. My season record is 214-82.

No comments:

Post a Comment