Tuesday, October 27, 2015

My 2015 World Series Preview

Oh, the quagmire. I love New York City unlike any other place I go. It's the best. I hate the New York Mets unlike any other team in sports. It's almost instinct at this point. I love going to Citi Field, but I'm not a fan of the team at all. They are the rivals of the Philadelphia Phillies. We've had some recent epic races with each other. For that reason, it was really easy to root against the New York Mets in this year's playoffs. Easy, even though they have a fun young team that keeps you interested every day.

So tonight the World Series will begin in Kansas City, with the Royals in their second straight Fall Classic, trying to bring home the crown they failed to win last year. They've shown amazing fight, coming back from near elimination against Houston, and putting down the best offense in baseball from Toronto. The Mets meanwhile hung tough in winning a five game series against the Dodgers, then steam-rolled the supposedly fate-driven Chicago Cubs in a sweep to win the NLCS. The Royals have an exciting line-up with some very good starting pitchers. The Mets have elite starting pitching and a good line-up.

I think the Mets will get it done. They have the arms, they are hot right now, and they are Gotham. Little Kansas City certainly has been close before, sure, but they didn't get it done then, and you can argue that the Mets have four arms that are on par with San Francisco's ace from last year, on pure talent. I just think the Mets stay hot and win this series, ending their futility that has plagued them since 1986.

I'll be pulling for Kansas City to get it done though, all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment